Thursday, January 7, 2010

Verdict on Last Night's Culinary Experiment -- Not So Good

I decided to experiment for dinner last night. Earlier in the week I was going through an accordian file of recipes -- some loose, some booklets that came with small appliances, etc. -- and I discovered a recipe booklet from the early 1990s from Kraft. One recipe in particular caught my eye: Orange-Glazed Chicken.

Much has changed in the nearly 20 years since this booklet was published: tastes, availability of ingredients, cooking styles, etc. I knew that I would have to tweak this recipe, but I thought the taste combination was promising.

The verdict: I still have some more tweaking to do! While it wasn't bad (it was, after all, edible), it wasn't "blog-worthy." I still think the taste combination is promising.

Stay tuned. I have a few ideas to make it better. When it's excellent, I'll post it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment