Friday, April 16, 2010

Celebrate Every Day Is Back

As you can tell, up to this point I have not posted much in 2010. Why?

It's not because I no longer make it a point to share meals that nourish both body and soul; in fact, as you will see below, this passion to celebrate every day is one of the reasons I have not posted frequently over the last several months.

My lack of posting is also not because I have lost interest in this project. I believe that Celebrate Every Day can make a difference -- it certainly has in my life.

Instead I have posted so rarely this year because life has been busy. Our church recently moved to a new meeting place, with our grand opening on Easter Sunday, April 4. The preparations for the grand opening included:
+ Wading through the process of obtaining the necessary permits from various government agenices on the municipal and state levels. This process was not completed until days before Easter!
+ Working with the landlord for needed improvements to the space that were the landlord's responsibility
+ Working with carpeting, electrical and sign contractors for their work to improve the space
+ Cleaning, painting, moving and arranging along with a host of volunteers. This was a lot of fun; it was also a lot of work.
+ Planning for the grand opening itself, two open houses and the follow up from each.
So, as you can see, life on the church-front has been busy. Very busy.

Life on the home front was busy as well. Don't worry, all is well. We've just been very busy with many appointments that have touched our whole family -- including the dog!

On top of all that we had a lot of snow this winter. And I mean a lot of snow! Three blizzards. Nine snow days from school. Three Sundays when worship was canceled. And a lot of shoveling.

With all of this busy-ness, something had to give. But what?

I have made a commitment as a husband and father that we will sit down to dinner and eat a delicious and soul-satisfying meal every day possible. I decided I would not give this up. And since I've posted about the importance of celebrating every day, shouldn't I practice what I preach?

So what I gave up -- temporarily -- was the Celebrate Every Day project. I knew that when some of the extraordinary busy-ness calmed down, I would return to it. After all, this is a passion.

The good news is the snow has melted, and no more is on the way till next winter. The busy-ness has calmed down. So Celebrate Every Day is back.

During these last several months, I have experienced much that I will share with you, bit by bit.

I hope you will also share with me: your experiences, your observations, your suggestions, your comments.

It is good to be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment