Thursday, July 30, 2009

Roasted Potatoes

This recipe is my favorite way to cook and eat potatoes. It’s so simple: just cut the potatoes, mix with some oil, salt and pepper, and pop in the oven. But even better than the simplicity of this dish, is the taste. Unlike with French fries, you can actually taste the potato flavor with roasted potatoes.

3 Russet potatoes
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Thoroughly wash, then dry, the potatoes. Cut into ½ inch cubes. There’s no need to peel the potatoes first – in fact I think the peel is the best part of the potato, and the most nutritious. Place potato cubes on a baking sheet.

Add the oil, salt and pepper to the potato cubes. Mix with your hands till the ingredients are well combined. Roast for 32-38 minutes, until golden brown.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE potatoes cooked this way, but mine always end up stuck to the pan. How do you keep them from sticking???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carolynn:

    I always line the baking sheet with parchment paper when I roast potatoes (or when I roast any kind of vegetable). Parchment paper is also great to use when baking cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Genius! You are channeling Julia Child, in my book! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete